Art, plz

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Comicon: tee-minus eight

I don't know exactly what t minus comes from, but everyone says it in movies when they're looking forward to something (or dreading it), although it's usually something more technical than a herd of comic book and entertainment industry geeks descending upon San Diego.

I thought I would try for a post every day this week, talking about something awesome that will be at Comicon, which you maybe don't know about or if you do you'll be like "WOO! I AM GOING TO DO THAT ALREADY!"

And a drawing.

But anyway! Tonight I am talking about Eville Press, which is going to be booth #1534, and will have Pixar story guys Ted Mathot with his Rose and Isabel books and Derek Thompson with, I assume, his 365 Monsters 2007 book. They'll also have Afterworks 1 and 2. I am definitely stopping there.
Derek's monster books are awesome, he goes from cute to freaky to what-the-hell-is-that, and there are 365 drawings in them, so there's always something to find and get inspired by when I open it up. Anyway.

Here's a drawing.