Big dump
The last few days have been crazy. Today is my first day off work in 11 days, which is a cause for great joy. I start out the work week with much enthusiasm, updating compulsively, but as the hours drag by I realize that my creativity has run off to the happy lands of the weekend and is waiting for me to catch up.
I'm finding myself frequently drawing from life just because I can't think of anything better to draw - no, not that I can't think of anything, just because I'm thinking about other things. Sure, it's good practice, but... I'm trying to make an effort now to imagine, and sit and think, and draw the things I'm imagining and thinking about. Keeping in shape isn't enough; you've got to challenge yourself.
That's what I think.
Here are some things from the last week or so:




And that's it for tonight, people. Check out the Sketchcrawl Blog (in which I am a presently noncontributing contributor) and Zen and the Art of Photography... or else I'll know.
I'm finding myself frequently drawing from life just because I can't think of anything better to draw - no, not that I can't think of anything, just because I'm thinking about other things. Sure, it's good practice, but... I'm trying to make an effort now to imagine, and sit and think, and draw the things I'm imagining and thinking about. Keeping in shape isn't enough; you've got to challenge yourself.
That's what I think.
Here are some things from the last week or so:




And that's it for tonight, people. Check out the Sketchcrawl Blog (in which I am a presently noncontributing contributor) and Zen and the Art of Photography... or else I'll know.


