Art, plz

Monday, April 16, 2007

cintiq doodles

My eyes kind of hurt from sitting there with my face inches away from teh cintiq all day - I need to get new glasses so that I can actually see things again.

I'm finding that it's easier to work out composition on the cintiq, because of all the cutting and dragging you can do with the lasso tool and the transform tool... but poses are still easier to work out with a pen or pencil on plain paper. I think it's got to be because the cintiq cursor never quite matches up with the pen tip, no matter how many times you calibrate it. It gets really close, but not as close as actually drawing on something.

Here are some doodles from Photoshop... playing around with shapes, a little bit of color, and a totally rockin polo shirt. Evidence of restraint : collar is not popped, and the cute chick does not have a fauxhawk. I don't want to alienate anyone or anything.